Sunday, March 6, 2011

MONEY & MATERIAL ITEMS CAN'T BUY YOU HAPPINESS!

Checkout this video- It goes along with my new blog post. I hope y'all like It! Like they say in the song- "Money can't buy us happiness, Can we all slow down and enjoy right now, Guarantee we'll be feeling Alright.". SO TRUE! I wish the whole world would do this more.





I know this sounds lame, but I heard a song on the radio today that made me think of a new blog post. The song is called Price Tag by Jessie J. Listen to the lyrics and you will understand the meaning of this post. I can't say that I am not guilty of buying the next best thing no matter what, because I am. I think most people are guilty of doing this. It got me thinking about why we do this to ourselves?

 For instance, wanting an iPhone, a new car, a new house, new clothes, new video games just because someone else has it or because we want it. If you are like me when you buy new stuff it makes you happy for say a week or so and then you want the next new and more popular thing.

Why can't we be happy with what we have? Why aren't we just happy to have a roof over our head and food and water to drink? Why are we not just happy with our family and friends? Why are we chasing for more?

What is out there that could possibly be better than what we have already like our children, husbands, wives, siblings, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews, mothers and fathers, cousins and friends. Isn't spending time with our loved ones more of what we should be chasing? Instead, we choose not to spend time with them and choose to spend time on material items and spending money, when we could be saving it to visit our loved ones.

Many people choose to do this, because our family members get on our nerves or are too far away from us to travel and see them. We are not going to live forever. We do eventually die. I have first hand experience with this as many of you probably can relate to. I lost my mom in June of 2001 to ovarian cancer. I can't believe it will be 10 years this June since she has passed. I wish I had spent more quality time with my mom and i kick myself everyday for not doing this.

You don't realize how much a difference just taking time out of your day, week, month or year can mean to a loved one. Tomorrow is not promised us!

I am guilty of doing all of these things. I am just hoping that posting this will make people, including myself second guess spending money on material things like movies, games, electronics and start using this money to spend  on traveling to see your loved ones. These material items can't bring you happiness only love can! Why can't we all love one another? It's such an easy concept that we seldom do.

WE NEED MORE LOVE IN THIS WORLD, NOT MATERIAL POSSESSIONS!

I hope y'all can at least see my point of view on this. Please leave comments on this post. I can't wait to hear what y'all have to say about it. I am an open book and will not get offended if you don't agree. I love free speech and blogging. I think i could get addicted to this.

Please note I am not an English major, so I apologize for incomplete sentences or misspelled words.






Sincerely,
Caitlin Hamley

3 comments:

  1. Caitlin I totally agree with you. I am so guilty of this and need to be reminded of this often! Don't beat yourself up about not spending as much time with your mom and you would have liked. I don't think any amount of time would have felt like enough. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brittan! I really appreciate it! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, Great blog. I will be checking in regularly to see what is happening with you and Victor!

    ReplyDelete